AS OF AUGUST 2016, THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW RESOURCES FOR RESEARCH PAGE AVAILABLE HERE.
Practice Areas Research:
- BCG Search guide to practice areas: http://www.bcgsearch.com/pdf/practice_areas.pdf
- Chambers and Partners: http://www.chambersandpartners.com/USA/Practice‐Area
- Chambers Associate: http://www.chambers‐associate.com/Articles/PracticeAreaSummaries
- FindLaw Practice Area Definitions: http://public.findlaw.com/library/padefinitions.htm
- Hieros Gamos: http://www.hg.org/practiceareas.html
- Click here for an in-depth overview of Mergers & Acquisitions prepared for GW Law by O’Melveny. For bios of the attorneys who prepared this presentation, click here. (NOTE: GW Law Portal Log-in is required for this resource).
- NEW! Research Manual from Bloomberg Law. This resource contains helpful links for students to research employers, and has been tailored to include only employers participating GW Law’s 2016 recruitment programs.
Access to Bloomberg Law is restricted. To obtain credentials for these services, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, year, and GWid number.
- Martindale‐Hubbell: http://www.martindale.com
- The NALP Directory of Legal Employers: http://www.nalpdirectory.com/
- Chambers & Partners
- Vault Career Insider (Listings of Top Firms, 2017 Best Firms to Work For, Associate Surveys, and Top Firms by Region) ‐To access Vault, click here and enter your @law.gwu.edu email address in the lower right-hand corner and click “Create an Account.”
- NavForward: http://www.navforward.com (data on over 1200 law firms of all sizes relating to practice area, office locations, promotion rates, and leverage ratios)
- The American Lawyer ‐‐ http://www.law.com/jsp/tal/index.jsp
- The AMLaw 100 2016 (rankings by gross revenue): http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=1202489912232/The-2016-Am-Law-100-Growth-Slows-for-Big-Law–
- Building a Better Legal Profession (pro bono and diversity data): http://www.betterlegalprofession.org/
- Best Law firms for Women – http://flextimelawyers.com/best/exsum16.pdf
- FindLaw Lawyer Directory ‐‐ http://lawyfindlaw.com/
- Partnership for Public Service (federal legal career information) http://ourpublicservice.org/OPS/
- Go Government: http://www.makingthedifference.org/federalcareers/law.shtml
- “Best Places to Work in Federal Government”: http://data.bestplacestowork.org/bptw/index
- PSJD– http://www.psjd.org/(public interest and government)
- National Legal Aid & Defenders Association ‐‐ http://www.nlada.org/
- Prosecuting Attorneys: http://www.eatoncounty.org/index.php/departments/prosecuting‐attorney/144‐ departments/prosecuting‐attorney/prosecutorinfocom/466‐prosecuting‐attorney‐web‐ sites ‐‐ Compilation of links to prosecutor offices nationwide (Prosecutor.info)
- National Association of Attorneys General ‐‐ http://www.naag.org/
- Non‐profit organizations – http://idealist.org