- When is the Career Center open and where are you located?
We open Monday–Friday from 9am–5:30pm and are located in Burns 310.
- What does the Career Center do?
Our office assists students and alumni in all phases of career strategy and professional development. We provide personalized career counseling, conduct mock interviews, review application documents, coordinate with employers for job postings, host career panels and job fairs, conduct job skills workshops, and more. Just ask!
- How do I make an appointment with a counselor?
You may make an appointment with a counselor by calling our office at 202-994-7340 or online by clicking here.
- What is CORE?
CORE is the Career Center’s database for employers, job postings, on campus recruiting, workshops, and appointments. All enrolled students at GW Law have access to CORE.
- I don’t have an appointment but I have an urgent question, can you help?
We have a walk-in counselor available to answer questions and provide guidance on discrete issues during our office hours. We accept walk-ins by phone or in person. All walk-in requests are first-come, first-served.
- I work during the day and I can’t make it into the office, may I still talk to someone?
Yes! You may make appointments to speak to a counselor by phone or Skype.
- I heard there is a job fair, but I can’t find any details, where should I go?
The Career Center Blog calendar is updated with all career related events whether they are on or off campus. To see the event calendar, go to www.gwlawcareers.org and click “Events.” To keep up with Career Center sponsored and career related events at GW Law, Career Center workshops, recruiting deadlines, and more, subscribe to the GW Law Career Center calendar feed.
- What are the workshops and when are the offered?
The Career Center offers weekly workshops throughout the semester covering Resume Writing, Cover Letter Writing, Informational Interviews, and Job Search Resources. This includes evening workshops and summer webinars. A detailed workshop schedule is available here.